NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
Revision as of 22:21, 20 February 2016 by Piernov (Add picture)
Shorted power MOSFET
- Computer won't turn on and power supply does a "click" sound.
- With another graphic card, computer works correctly.
Due to overheat or overcurrent, a 4821N power MOSFET on any power rail may have failed.
- Check visually for any abnormality: an SMD power inductor may look bad on the rail where the MOSFET failed.
- Check for short to ground in both power connector.
- Check all 4821N MOSFET.
- Using hot air, replace the dead 4821N MOSFET.
- Using hot air, replace the SMD power inductor. (0.1µH, 30A at least)
- Make sure the cooling assembly did not melt and fan can spin correctly, otherwise replace it.
- Check if the short in the power connector has disappeared.
- Run a GPU stress-test.