Revision as of 20:21, 15 June 2016 by Piernov
Broken via on mainboard
- Front panel LCD and LED doesn't light up.
- No startup chime.
- Drum starts rotating.
Due to overheat or freezing, the mainboard may have sustained damages, especially a broken via after moisture froze or evaporated inside the PCB.
- Check voltage between pin 32 (VDD_1) and 33 (VSS_1) of MCU ST72F324J6T6. If it is lower than 5V, MCU is not powered correctly.
- Check voltage between anode of output diode D7 and pin 33 (VSS_1). If it is around 5V, the SMPS is working.
- Check resistance between anode of output diode D7 and pin 32 (VDD_1) of MCU. If it is above 0.5 Ω, a via or a track is broken.
- Solder a jumper wire between pin 1 of front panel connector and anode of output diode D7.